If you’d like to volunteer at one of our many events, please complete and submit the Volunteer Application located below.
We at So Others May Eat believe that volunteers are the heart and soul of all our success. That being said, our volunteers are our heroes. It would not be impossible to achieve and embrace our community goals with out the participation of our many volunteers.
Volunteers are needed in every facet of our operation and are crucial for all the lunches, dinners, and various events hosted by So Others May Eat.
Volunteer opportunities are currently needed for the following positions listed below:
- Chefs/Cooks: Cook meals for weekly BBQ lunches and bi-weekly dinners
- Meal Prep: Wash, cut, clean, and prep all food donations
- Servers: Serve meals to guests during bi-weekly dinners
- Lunch & Dinner Set Up: Set up facility for lunch and dinners (tables & chairs)
- Lunch & Dinner Clean Up: Clear and clean up facility after meal events
- Food Collection: Daily food collection from vendors and donations across San Diego County
- Grant Writing: Grant and Proposal writing to help secure future funding
- Community Outreach: Help generate marketing materials for organization growth
- General Help: Before, during, and after community meal events
The 2018 Volunteer Application may be completed and emailed OR you may print and bring the application in person to one of our events listed in the Upcoming Events.
Please email all volunteer inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!